Friday, November 30, 2012

In Which I Have Trouble With Needles

Today was another day for reorganizing and cleaning; I'm the kind of person who likes to cram things in random drawers, so sorting it all out is taking a while.  It's a project that I do a couple of times a year and it needed to be done regardless of whether or not we were adding a new person to our household, but the adoption is a good excuse to motivate me to buckle down and make it happen. 

I cleaned out our medicine cabinet today, which is something that hasn't been done since before Jer was injured.  Cleaning it out was the easy part-- discarding everything turned out to be way more of a project than I anticipated.  It turns out that none of the local pharmacies or hospitals take expired medications, and several that I called and asked had no idea where I could take them. 

I finally called up Connor's doctor's office and asked their pharmacy, and they told me the police station had a drop off box for them.  So I took them down and they were more than happy to take everything except for our injectable drugs, like Connor's expired EpiPens.  They had no idea where I should take those.  Sigh.

So after a lot of phone calls and research, I think that I can take his EpiPens to the local fire station and they should be able to accept them.  I think.  I'm going to call ahead first just in case.  At least I've got everything else out of the house.

Ten days!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory