Wednesday, May 15, 2013

In Which We Have A Quiet Day

Today Connor had his first seizure since that whopper over spring break.  It was only about a minute and a half long, but it makes me wonder if maybe he's catching the cold I'm still getting over.  I've passed it along to Eden for sure; she's just really starting to sound hoarse.  We'll see what Connor sounds like tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's coming down with it too.

Connor didn't have physical therapy today because we did it yesterday, so things ended up being fairly quiet around here.  He took a pretty good actual nap (another sign that he's probably getting sick) and I took the opportunity to catch up on a bit of housework and do some writing.

I'm really struggling at finding a good time and place to write at the moment.   I've always much preferred writing in the evenings out at a coffee shop or somewhere away from the house, and that's just not feasible right now since we don't have respite care at the moment.  Finding time and a place that works for me during the day while the kids are in school is difficult; I always feel like I should be doing something else, like unloading the dishwasher or something.

Oh well-- I'll keep plugging away at it and I'm sure that eventually I'll form new habits and things will get easier!

~Jess


No comments:

 
Blog Directory