Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In Which I Spend Some Time Outdoors

This morning I started my new walking regime with a friend; we're going to be strolling along at a good clip together for an hour or so a few times a week.  This is a very good thing, as recently my most strenuous exercise has been walking over to the pantry to see if I have any more chocolate hidden behind the canned peas, or if I've managed to find and eat it all.

It was a lovely walk, and I'm looking forward to doing it more often.  In the last year and a half I've gotten out of the habit of being outside for any long period of time (you should see the state of my poor garden right now) because I have a child who is really, really temperature sensitive, and I was surprised at how nice it felt just to walk along outdoors for a while with some good company.  Of course, I prefer walking when it isn't twenty some-odd degrees outside, but hey, it was still fun!

Then I went back to the house and got cleaned up so I could take my mom out to lunch for her birthday.  It's probably the first time in six or seven years I've actually been able to do that since until this past summer we lived on different sides of the country, so I was excited about getting the chance to make it happen this year!  I'm really glad my parents are here; now if I can just get all my other relatives to move up this way I'll be set.

Eden had another pretty solid day of homework, so we spent the evening at home.  Tomorrow will be another really busy day; Connor has an audiology appointment bright and early in the morning.  Hopefully he'll sleep tonight so he won't be too crabby!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory