Thursday, February 27, 2014

In Which I'm Sans Computer

Unfortunately my laptop is currently a lovely paperweight but is good for very little else.  So expect shorter entries for a little while until I have a new one.  I ask that you be forgiving about spelling too for a bit-- I'm typing this on the iPad and you wouldn't believe how fiddly the little keyboard is.  Also it keeps trying to auto fill everything I write with some creative but nonsensical word choices. Huzzah.  Or as autocorrect would have it, 'Hazard.' Alrighty then.

Anyway, today was just as busy as expected; Connor and I spent all day running around to various medical facilities taking care of things.  His neurologist was very pleased with how Connor's seizures have stabilized (we're generally only seeing one every two-three weeks unless Connor is sick, and they're usually under a minute) and didn't want to mess with his medication.  It probably helps that the kiddo has been the same size for about a year and a half now, so adjusting for weight hasn't really been a problem.

The kids are going to be getting quite a bit of time with their grandparents this weekend, because I'll be at the Refresh Adoption Conference up in Redmond.  I would totally link to it if I could get it to work on the dang iPad without it freezing, but that's not working out for me.  Sorry about that.  Anyway, it's the first time I've been to an adoption conference, and I'm really looking forward to connecting with other parents and listening to some interesting seminars!  It will be nice to have a bit of time to myself too, after the hectic week we've had around here.  I hope it will be fun!

~Jess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is my belief that you are no longer sans computer. I know this because I live under your couch, next to a long abandoned cat toy and a pink hair elastic that is stiff with cat spit. My point is that I miss your blog posts.

Anonymous said...

You're still not blogging and this is concerning. I feel certain that I have seen a new computer, though perhaps with my limited view I am mistaken? I am still living under your couch, by the way. I have been joined by a puff of cat hair, which is nice. It is soft and expects nothing from me.

I have noticed that the girl child (who is sometimes now joined by *another* girl child) is ornery at times. The small boy continues to charm me endlessly, though I believe he is plotting something and there may be bears involved.

Looking forward to your next blog post.

Anonymous said...

I grow lonelier under the couch. This hair tie offers me no comfort. Though the fluff ball (I refuse to call it a dust bunny) is soft and warm, it is not substitute for a new blog post. I fear that the most evil of your two cats is plotting my demise.

 
Blog Directory