Saturday, December 19, 2009

In Which Old Is New Again

We were listening to an episode of "The Whistler" tonight on my new radio and one of the old-time advertisements came on over the air. The ad was for a state of the art new technology for those who were embarrassed about wearing hearing aids-- Maico Hearing Glasses. Apparently they were glasses with hearing aids built into the sides. I looked up an ad for them online-- here's a reproduction that's for sale.

The funny thing is that when I googled "hearing glasses" to see if I could find out more about these crazy things, I found several articles about a "new" innovation-- you guessed it. Hearing glasses!

Is it just me, or is hiding the equipment meant to help with one disability inside the equipment meant to help with a different disability kind of silly?

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory