Monday, August 17, 2009

In Which Blogging Disaster is Narrowly Averted

Okay, so apparently I have accessed this blog so many times from my desktop over the past week that Google determined I am an automated spyware program and refused to allow me any access. I think the panicked shrieking from the office totally freaked out the cats. Never fear, dear readers, as I fixed the problem or obviously you wouldn't be reading this, and I'm not addicted to blogging or anything; I can quit any time I want. I swear.

Anyway, I spoke with Jer again today and also the doctor on-call and the orthopedic surgeon who was with Jeremy in the Operating Room (OR) this morning, so that was nice! Still no word of when he'll be moving, though hopefully he won't be there very long. It'll be a week tomorrow since this whole thing started. I can't believe it-- doesn't seem possible it's been that long, and at the same time it seems like it's been forever. My sense of time is kind of screwed up right now.

They took him to Washington D.C. because they wanted to change his dressings and clean things out again, and they didn't want to wait the extra hours it would take to get him here. They have to change the dressings in the OR right now because otherwise it would be really painful for Jeremy. So that's why he was in surgery this morning-- no plates have been inserted yet. He was a little groggy when I talked to him as he was still coming out of sedation, but he said that he's spending a lot of time watching movies and being kind of bored, which I take as a good indication that they've got him on pretty good medication and he's not in a lot of pain. There are a lot of emotions that probably accompany being in screaming agony, but "bored" is usually not one that's mentioned.

His injuries look good (I mean, as good as these sorts of injuries ever look) in that they don't see any signs of infection or dead tissue and he's not running a fever, which is pretty fantastic news.

With any luck I'll have an idea by this evening when he's moving. I'll let you know!


photo credit goes to Lucie at LZH Photography


Noel Freeman said...

I love you and Jeremy like family. I'm thinking about you and praying for you constantly. My heart stopped when I found out, and I am so very, very glad he is safe now.

Ellen said...

I HOPE you get word soon.

Kristin said...

I'm so relived things are so much better than we originally thought. I know the journey ahead isn't going to be easy, but I'm glad you three know how much you're loved and I hope that knowledge will help you in the coming weeks.

Julia O'C said...

You're addicted to blogging and I'm addicted to checking your blog for updates!!!

It all sounds good. We're keeping the prayer line going for Jeremy, Connor and you, both here in Pittsburgh and in Connecticut. Thanks for the update!

Mel said...

Ohhh awesome!~ I am so glad that Jeremy is doing OK. Daniel and I talked briefly on Skype before he got on the carrier, and he told me that he'd seen you post that Jer had been injured. You're now on my Google Reader so I can get insta-updates! :D

Alisa George said...

Keep your chin up! He will be home soon!

Pamela said...

Prayers are being sent Heavenward from Texas. All this hot air makes them rise more quickly.

xraevision said...

Whew, what would your addicted, er, I mean, loyal readers do without our daily dose of your blog?!!

Boredom is a good sign! Hope he'll able to fly the rest of the way home soon.

leah said...

I've been having the same trouble with Blogger. Took down my statcounter tool and that helped, but it's acting up again. Argh.

Bored is good. At least, compared to the alternatives!

I'm still hoping and praying that he gets to come home soon- very soon.

Colleen said...

I've been thinking about you and your husband with each of your blog posts. Thanks for keeping us updated! I hope he will come home very soon!

Thara said...

I know this was written years ago yet how is he doing now?

Blog Directory