Friday, June 26, 2009

Texas: Day 2

Spent most of today taking it easy, which was nice. Connor's been much, much better as far as his comfort level on this trip when compared to the last one; probably because we haven't been nearly as busy right off the bat. He's eating well, which is good, and he hasn't degenerated to that screamy, crabby kid.

Walked around one of the big malls here today with him-- there's absolutely no way I can get any exercise at all outside, as it got to around 104 today and Connor just wilts in the heat. We stood outside for about five minutes talking to one of the neighbors and the little guy was already sweating, flushed and uncomfortable. The huge mall we went to actually has a full-sized carousel inside near the food court, and we took Connor for a ride. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it when he was on the horse-- I think the mirrors and the lights kind of hypnotised him-- but as soon as the horse slowed down and the music stopped he got really excited, so I think he was having a good time and didn't want it to end.

Saw my sister and her fiance briefly, and hopefully will get to see more of them this week. Mom and Dad watched the little guy while I went out with my brother and his wife to see a movie, which was fun. We got back at just past midnight, which is why this blog post is late. It's only ten o'clock for me because of the time zone change, so I figured I'd go ahead and blog.

I found out they're giving us 40 hours of respite care next month instead of our usual 25-- I am seriously excited about this. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with all of it, but no doubt I'll figure something out. Too bad they waited until Jer was gone-- we could have gone on a weekend away!

My grandfather is still doing well-- it looks like he'll probably be several weeks in the hospital, as they'll have to slowly step him down out of the ICU and get him hooked up with services. I didn't get the chance to go see him today, but I'm sure that we'll go tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to bed!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory