Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In Which Connor Is An Entirely Too Early Bird

So I bought a domain name today and I'll be playing with a new collaborative project over the next few weeks! Should be fun-- I'll let you all know when it's up and running.

This morning, Connor’s internal alarm went off at four in the morning, and nothing and nobody was going to get him to go back to sleep. I changed his diaper, he was already eating (via pump) so obviously he wasn’t hungry, and he was already in our bedroom so he wasn’t lonely either. Jeremy and I ended up lying in bed listening to him talk and sing to himself for the next three hours until it was our normal time to get up. Thank goodness for massive amounts of caffeine, that’s all I have to say.

So instead of working out in the morning, I went back to sleep while Connor was at school. I didn’t quite make up the total time lost, but I got enough to not be a total zombie.

Of course this was Connor’s heavy day at school today, so when he got home he zonked out and slept for almost three and a half hours. For a kid who normally spends his hour long “quiet time” playing with his fingers, singing little songs to himself and generally doing anything BUT sleeping, this was rather unusual. Then, ensuring that he’d thrown his sleep pattern entirely off, he didn’t fall asleep tonight until after nine.

We’re probably going to have a slightly crabby kid tomorrow when I wake him up for feeding therapy. Oh well. If he wakes up and four in the morning tomorrow we’re going to have a more-than-crabby ME to deal with too. 

I like my sleep.
~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory