Sunday, February 7, 2010

In Which Jeremy Walks Without Crutches!

I thought you guys might want to see the incredible progress that Jeremy's been making!  So I forced him to do another video for you all.  Aren't I sweet? 

Here he is back on January 6th, for your comparison.  It's been almost exactly a month since I took that video, and the difference is astonishing.  He's been working extremely hard to rebuild muscle and improve his flexibility and balance; he's spending three to four hours at the gym six days out of the week and going to physical therapy three times a week on top of that. 

He's still uses the wheelchair whenever we'll be out and about for more than half an hour or so, or when there's uneven terrain or bad weather, but I wouldn't be surprised if by next month he's out of the wheelchair entirely given the rate he's going!

~Jess

20 comments:

Rachel said...

I am amazed and I am in awe. You should do a tear-jerker warning...it's only fair!

Love to the three of you.

Mary Cyrus said...

Aw, yaaaay. Good things all around today. :)

Heather said...

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! Keep up the great work Jeremy!!

Daniel Berglund said...

That is spectacular! And yet, I can't help being reminded of a Patent Medicine salesman. Where can we get some of your snake oil? :)

Greymare said...

That is so awesome!

Kristin said...

Good thing stubbornness runs in the family! Its served Jeremy well!

The Henrys said...

That is incredible! I can't believe that you made that much progress in only a month!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

AMAZING! I cannot believe the difference! WOW!

Renate said...

Unbelievable! Amazing! I know just a tiny little bit about foot pain, having had surgery on my foot as a child (nothing in comparison to to the injury Jeremy had, of course), so I am speechless at the progress he made.

littleterr said...

Jer, You rock. Both the mom and the orthopedic nurse in me are highly impressed. Love you.

xraevision said...

This is amazing progress and truly inspiring!

Knowledge Safari said...

Great news! So happy for both of you.

Julia O'C said...

That is amazing progress!! Wow.

{I can't help but think ::crunch, crunch, crunch:: and wince a little with each step, though...the cornflakes analogy still haunts}

Mary Cyrus said...

Ha. I'm afraid I'm suffering from the same imagined crunchy noises as Julia. [shudders]

Julia said...

Congratulations!!!!! I can see where one foot is stiffer than the other -- that must be the one that is fused and can't move side to side. I'm sure it'll take a lot of work to figure out how to cope with that, but that's where the kinesiology background can really pay off. But except for that, there's an amazing fluidity to the movement -- such progress!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been working hard. smgoodie

Rena said...

WHOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Wow! I'm amazed! Wish you could bottle that kind of determination and perseverance.

Way to go!

Julie

 
Blog Directory