Monday, July 5, 2010

In Which I Kind Of Space Out, And Everything Is Closed

I'm not sure where my head was-- probably thinking about all the things I need to get done this week-- but I kept forgetting that today was a holiday for a lot of businesses, which was rather inconvenient.  I wanted to get started on Connor's learning theme for the week, which is "Farm Animals," but when I pulled into the library parking lot I discovered it was (of course) closed.  So then I decided the two of us would walk over to one of our favorite little coffee shops in the downtown area, and that was also closed.

So much for our planned morning activities.

Next on the list was a trip down to the pharmacy to pick up Connor's antibiotic prescription-- he has a dentist appointment tomorrow, and he has to take an antibiotic before having any dental work done due to his heart condition.  So I drove down to the pharmacy and discovered that the dental office hadn't called in the prescription yet.  I called the dental office to discover that they were closed.  Connor's appointment is for 7:30 tomorrow morning.  Not good.

I left a message with them, and thankfully someone was in the office even though they weren't seeing patients, because I got a call back about half an hour later from them letting me know that the prescription had now been called in and I should give the pharmacy an hour or so to fill it.  I decided to drift down to another favorite coffee shop in the area to wait, but that didn't work out so well.  Can you guess why?

So we went to a department store instead and spent an hour wandering around finding inexpensive farm-animal related items.  I bought Connor a barnyard puzzle and a book about goats.

So it was back to the pharmacy after that, and then home, where I went out to check the mail.  There wasn't any, of course. 

Seriously, I have no idea what planet I was living on today.

~Jess

3 comments:

Rachel said...

FWIW, you may have been able to save yourself the trouble re: the antibiotic. I have a congenital heart condition, and I've had to do the antibiotic for years.

At my last cardiologist appointment, my doctor told me that the guidelines have changed dramatically.

You can read about that here:
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3047051

leah said...

I hope things are open today- Connor needs activity packs from the library, and a trip to the coffee shop sounds like a good idea.

I hope the dentist appointment goes well today!

Julia O'C said...

I was confused by everything being closed, too.

Good luck at the dentist! We have to take Emmett to a dentist at Childrens Hospital who sedates him. Does Connor tolerate the dentist without sedation?

 
Blog Directory