Friday, July 16, 2010

In Which We Do A Whole Lot Of Nothing

The original plan for today was to go to the zoo to look at the bird exhibits and feed the parrots.  However, after the events of yesterday I thought Connor and I probably needed a little less excitement than that sort of field trip would entail.  So with the exception of his physical therapy appointment we stuck close to home. 

I'm sure we'll hit the zoo on another one of our outings, though it won't be next week, as we'll be going to the Seattle Bug Safari instead.  Next week's topic will be all things creepy and crawly, which should be fun!  For me, anyway, as I like insects.  I promise not to post pictures of Connor with Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches or anything (no matter how cool I think they are) for those not quite as fond of many-legged creatures as I am.  I'm evil, but I'm not that evil. 

We started Connor on his new medication this evening, and so far so good.  The only possible side effect we've seen thus far is crabbiness, but that might also have been because it was right before bedtime and he didn't take a nap today.  So we'll see what the next few days look like.

Once Jeremy got home I spent a good portion of the evening catching up on household chores, reading, watching way too many videos on YouTube, and eating ice cream directly out of the carton.  I needed a day like that!

~Jess

1 comment:

Julia O'C said...

So long as "not breathing" wasn't included in your Do Nothing day, I'd call yesterday a raging success. You guys needed that, I'm happy you were able to do it. I hope you were able to relax a little bit, though I'm guessing that recent events have made relaxing almost impossible.

I'm hoping and praying for another uneventful day for you guys.

 
Blog Directory