Thursday, August 5, 2010

In Which Connor Has A Good Day

Connor had a good day today.  No seizures. 

We visited a random pediatrician in the hospital today, as Connor is not currently assigned to one due to an insurance snafoo, and dumped all of the school paperwork on her.  This is like thirty pages of paperwork she has to fill out.  Also we asked her to make three referrals for us and e-mail Connor's urologist.  And to update Connor's medical file with all his recent hospitalizations and medication changes.  Also she'd never seen Connor before, ever.  And did I mention that the hour-long appointment we were supposed to have with her ended up being overbooked, so instead we had twenty minutes?  The poor woman. Connor does not do twenty-minute appointments.  We walked out of there about forty-five minutes later, no doubt throwing her schedule off for the rest of the day.

I felt really bad about dumping all of that on her, but that's kind of the way it goes around here when we don't have an assigned pediatrician. 

Connor continues to improve in regards to his temperament and energy levels; I had no idea just how lethargic and unhappy he'd become until we switched him back off the Tegretol and the difference in mood became clear.  Today he was just one cute bundle of wiggly joy.  It's great to have my happy little guy back!

We'll be starting up his new medication sometime in the next few days-- once the pharmacy has it in stock.  Because of some of the risks involved with this new medication, the doctor plans to build Connor up to a therapeutic dose extremely slowly; he'll be stepping up onto this medicine over a twelve-week period.  It should be interesting to see how this goes.

I'm going to be packing on the sly tomorrow, as I leave Saturday morning for the wedding.  This will be one of the first times I've been the parent to go on a trip (and not Jeremy) so hopefully Connor won't freak out to much.  Every time I start trying to talk to him about it he freaks out and I have to change the subject.  I'm hoping Jeremy will not be dealing with The Saddest Boy In The World, but I have a feeling it won't be an issue once Connor understands that Daddy, also known as The Favorite Parent, is not going anywhere. 

Guess we'll find out on Saturday, huh?

~Jess

3 comments:

xraevision said...

Everything I leave X with my husband, which is quite often, he doesn't even notice that I'm gone because he's madly in love with his daddy! Just remember not to wheel your suitcase by Connor! I hope you have a great little vacation with your family and that Connor has NO seizures while you're away.

Colleen said...

Hooray for a no seizure day! I hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

 
Blog Directory