Sunday, August 8, 2010

In Which I Am Back Home

I'm back at the house!

Can you believe that was my first overnight-by-myself trip I've taken since Connor was born?  Only it wasn't really overnight-by-myself because I slept in the same hotel room as my parents.  But anyway, that's kind of crazy to think about.  Basically it means that I haven't slept completely by myself-- with no one else in house/building/whatever-- for four years.  Wow.

Anyway, the trip was a lot of fun, and I got to visit with a ton of my relatives: always a great thing.  What I did not end up doing was seeing much of La Jolla-- basically I got a brief tour of it and the surrounding San Diego area via car window while on our way to either the wedding, the reception, the hotel or the airport.  I have some lovely pictures on my cell phone taken out the car window of the various incredibly expensive cars people drive down there, which invariably ended up in the middle of whatever scenery I was trying to capture.  Seriously-- I have never seen so many Mercedes-Benz vehicles in my entire life. 

And now I can't figure out how to get them off my cell phone and on to the computer.  So you'll just have to imagine them.  Just picture a whole lot of very nice cars in front of palm trees and little pink or white adobe houses, and you'll pretty much have it.

Jeremy and Connor met me at the airport this evening, which was lovely.  Connor apparently did not even mention the fact that I was gone this weekend.  I guess he was having so much fun hanging out with Daddy that it didn't even register.  I'm glad he had a good time, though I am kind of sad that he didn't even miss me a little bit.  I wasn't gone very long, though, so that probably had something to do with it.  We went out for sushi, and the little guy behaved himself very well, and he went right to sleep when we got home.  Hopefully this is the herald of a good week!

And now I'm off to bed!  For some reason, sitting all those hours on a plane (I came back to Seattle via Albuquerque, which is what happens when you change your plans and buy tickets last minute) made me really tired.  You would think it would have the opposite effect. Anyway I had a great time, but it's good to be home!

~Jess

1 comment:

*Tasha* said...

Glad you got to go! :) For future reference, you can text to email addresses, so you can just text your pictures to yourself if you don't have just plain text messaging. A lot of cell companies also have online albums you can access via your online account. :)

Sad about Connor...I would be rather disappointed too!--- but he probably knows you're a constant & will come back, whereas with Jeremy, Jeremy was gone so long & so unpredictably. So at least Connor knows you're a constant. I KNOW, though, right? Haha.

 
Blog Directory