Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Which Connor Gets Ready For School

Connor stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, and as a result didn't want to do anything at all today.  He fell on the couch at around 8:00am.  I had errands to run today though, and we needed to drop one last round of paperwork off at the doctor's office for signatures before school starts, so I let him sleep on the couch about an hour and then got Grumpy McGrumpypants ready to go.

Connor's top hat was sitting on the coffee table, and he immediately announced that he wanted to wear it.  When we popped outside to the mailbox and every neighbor we saw on the way cooed over how handsome he looked, he decided it should become a permanent part of his wardrobe and insisted on wearing it to the doctor's office, grocery store and the rest of our errands.  I badly want to draw a tiny handlebar mustache on him, but I managed to restrain myself.  Once the little guy latches on to something he won't drop it for weeks, so I expect the top hat will become a regular part of his wardrobe for quite some time.  I have absolutely no problem with this.

Sadly, despite my best efforts I was unable to find him a pinstriped suit in time for the first day of school, but no doubt whatever he wears will be adorable anyway.  Maybe next year I'll just make him one.  We'll be going in a bit late tomorrow so that we miss the stampede of parents and kids (on the first day of school all the parents are invited to the classrooms, so it gets a wee bit hectic) and Connor won't be totally overwhelmed. 

Thankfully it looks like the little guy is sleeping well tonight, so he'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for his first day!

~Jess

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Wishing Connor a fabulous first day of first grade.

 
Blog Directory