Sunday, March 27, 2011

In Which I Skate A Whole Bunch And Connor Is Awesome

I am kind of ridiculously tired at the moment, as I decided to do a two hour roller derby scrimmage and a two hour endurance practice back-to-back.  This may not have been the smartest decision I've ever made in my entire life, but what the heck-- I love skating and I'm proud of myself for sticking it out through all four hours.  We'll see whether or not I feel the same way tomorrow morning when I wake up and discover just how sore I've managed to make myself.

Oh well. 

Can you believe we've gone six whole days without a single big seizure?  The last time that happened without him taking daily Ativan was at the very beginning of February, believe it or not.  He's had a truly rough time of it the past few months and it's so nice to see him really starting to recover.  I can't tell you how much better I feel too.  It's pretty rough on the whole family when he has a really bad spell, and the past three months have probably been the worst he's ever been except for those first five and a half weeks after he was born.  I'm so glad that he's really getting a break, and I'm hopeful that the trend is going to continue and that this time we've really got it figured out.  He's been on the Trileptal for over a year now, so coming down off of it might just be the one thing he really needed to get them under control.  We'll just have to see what this year brings!

Now if I could get the kid to sleep at night I'd be really happy.  I'm guessing that once he's down completely off the Trileptal his sleep patterns will settle down, but right now he's still wide awake and it's almost midnight.  He also doesn't sleep whenever we change his routine in a major way, and it's Spring Break now so I'm thinking that I'm probably going to be seeing a whole lot of this sort of behavior this week.  I'll just have to wait it out until Spring Break is over and then declare his school time my official nap time until I get caught up.  Productive?  Maybe not.  But a girl needs her beauty sleep, right?

Or in my case, any sleep at all would be good.

~Jess

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory