Saturday, November 10, 2012

In Which I'm Running On Coffee Fumes And We're Down To The Wire

Yesterday Connor stayed up until 5:40 in the morning, so my brain was a tad bit fried today.  I'm not sure what the deal was with the kid, but he seems to have quite a bit of trouble sleeping on the weekends-- especially on Friday nights.  I think it's because he knows he doesn't have school the next day and he gets all freaked out because he knows his routine will be different.  Or maybe he just misses having someone sitting in the room with him since his night nurse isn't there-- who knows? 

At any rate, I consumed a lot of caffeine today.  I had errands I couldn't put off despite getting, um, no sleep.  Luckily all of them were in the local area and I'm still relatively used to functioning on very little shuteye.  I dressed up a bit before we went out, so even if I felt terrible I still looked nice.  It's one of the tricks I use to make myself feel better when I'm short on sleep and feeling less than chipper.  I'm not saying I'll spend two hours over the vanity or anything, but I know I'll always feel better if I'm in a nice dress with my hair up than if I'm in yesterday's sweat pants and sans shower.

Despite the whole slightly-delirious-due-to-lack-of-sleep thing, today was still a good day.  I realized when I woke up this morning that in exactly one month I will be boarding a plane for Thailand!  All of the sudden the trip is right around the corner.  We made the decision to pursue her adoption in October of 2010, so we've been in the process over two years now.  After all the months we've been waiting, it seems pretty surreal to know that I can measure the number of weeks until we meet our daughter on one hand! 

~Jess

1 comment:

suzymom said...

These last few weeks of waiting must feel so surreal... I hope there are no 'glitches' and everything goes as planned.

 
Blog Directory