Saturday, November 17, 2012

In Which We Keep Late Hours And Connor Has Yet Another Chair

It's about half past two in the morning right now, and I'm still waiting for Connor to go to sleep.  There have been a couple of false alarms where I thought he was down, but it turned out he was just faking it and as soon as I tried to go to bed he woke up again.  I am not thrilled with this, as we've got a rather busy day tomorrow.  Oh well.  The pattern seems to be established that on weekends, Connor Parties All Night.  At least I get five good days of sleep a week!

Today we went and picked up Connor's bath chair, which was the last major piece of equipment we were waiting on in the large group of items we'd ordered in the last couple of months.  Connor had outgrown his old one-- his feet hung over the edge in a way that was probably pretty uncomfortable for him, and the velcro strap preventing him from falling off would barely fit around his waist.  So this is a nice new roomy one for him. 

The really nice thing about it is that it comes with a wheeled base, so I'll be able to get him in and out of it with the lift instead of having to bend over and pick up a damp, wiggly and as he gets older, increasingly heavy child.  I don't think our bathroom tile would be particularly forgiving if I slipped and fell carrying him and/or dropped him, so this is a very good thing.

The kid is now completely outfitted in chairs, by the way.  He has a wheelchair, toilet chair, bathing chair, corner chair, and leg positioning chair.  They all do a different job, of course.  All Jer and I have is a kitchen chair and an easy chair each, so it's official: five out of ten chairs in use in our household belong to Connor.  All he needs is a throne in the middle of our living room and he'll be good to go. 

I got the chance to go to a get together for a little bit with the lovely ladies on my roller derby team for a while tonight and really had a blast!  I'm seriously missing skating and getting the chance to hang out with them on a more regular basis, though I know that now isn't the right time to dive back in.  Hopefully once things settle down around here I'll be able to pick up my skates again. 

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory