I don't want to get into too many specifics right now, but essentially the IEP confirmed the worse-case scenario I'd hoped we wouldn't get into. We disagreed on some very major points, points important enough that there was absolutely no way we'd be signing the IEP as it is written. Thus we will be going to another meeting in a couple of weeks, and depending on that meeting will be attending mediation and if that doesn't work out, going through due process.
I have to say that I'm really, really disappointed, and actually very angry as well. I had high hopes for this meeting. Connor turns three next week, and he won't be starting school because we couldn't come to an agreement. I'm absolutely not willing to forgo the services that I know Connor needs, and will do everything in my power to assure that he receives those services. All the same, it's very frustrating to know that I'll be starting a long, drawn out process that never should have happened in the first place, and in the meantime Connor will be waiting in limbo for us to hash it all out.
To add insult to injury, Connor's insurance just denied his prescription for Entereal Pediasure, as they say that the diagnoses of his genetic condition, growth restriction, GERD, and failure-to-thrive aren't reason enough to make supplementary feeding necessary. I spent the morning on the phone with the insurance company, and we'll be starting the appeals process with that whole mess, too.
Let's just say it hasn't been the best of days.