Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our New Home: The Big Reveal!

Okay, here we are-- the big reveal!  I'll just post a single before and after photo of each of the rooms today so this doesn't get too picture heavy, and then I'll do posts on individual rooms later in the week.  The only room not here is the library, which I posted a shot of yesterday. 

We held an Open House today (more on that tomorrow) so that everyone who helped out with the house could come back and see it, and also to meet some of the neighbors.  It went wonderfully, and it was so great to meet or see again the people who made it happen! 

I still can't believe that we actually get to live in this house.  I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I walk in right now.  But enough talking-- on to the pictures!

Entry Before


Entry After



Living Room Before

Living Room After


Dining Room Before
Dining Room After

Kitchen Before
Kitchen After

Mudroom Before
Mudroom After

Hallway Before
Hallway After

Main Bath Before

Main Bath After

Master Bedroom Before

Master Bedroom After


Master Bath Before

Master Bath After


Office Before
Office After

Connor's Room Before

Connor's Room After

So there you have it!  Signature Custom Homes did an amazing job, and we couldn't be happier.  There are a few last odds and ends they'll be finishing up over the next week or so, but otherwise the house is completely done and now all that's left to do is move in the rest of our stuff and then relax! 

Wow!

~Jess

27 comments:

Rossi2009 said...

Oh MY! What a GORGEOUS home! It honestly looks like it belongs in a magazine! Congrats! You'll be so giddy there. =)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!! So beautiful! SO happy for you and your family. =)

Buddhist, RN said...

New reader here. Anyway, this is AMAZING. They did a fantastic job.

Jill S. said...

Been reading your blog for quite a while; but never commented. LOVE your beautiful new home!!

Laura said...

Jessie, how lovely it is, and what a spacious feel.

Colleen said...

WOW, What an amazing job they did on your home. Absolutely beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful and the house looks fantastic. I'm happy for you and your family and only wish we could all descend upon you for a housewarming! Perhaps you could host a virtual one...

Sherry C said...

I'm a new reader to love your house, what a great job you did on it. Enjoy.

Sherry C said...

I'm a new reader to love your house, what a great job you did on it. Enjoy.

Kristin said...

Its amazing what a difference the new windows make! They distract me from the rest of each room :) I'm so glad this was done for your family. The accessibility access is tremendous. I can't wait to see pics of the outside once your hardwork in the garden starts to bloom. :) Congrats!!

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness!!!! It's soooo beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!

Greymare said...

Congrats ya'll! The place looks AWESOME, I'm so happy for you!!!

xraevision said...

WOW!!! The difference between the Before and After photos is almost shocking - what a transformation! I wish you many happy years in your new home! (Is it wrong to love your mud room so much?)

Julia O'C said...

I don't have the words to tell you how happy I am for you guys.

It's a beautiful home - made even more beautiful by the people who donated their time and energy to it and by the family that will live in it.

{{{Hugs}}}

gloria said...

Oh WOW, Jessie. I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see it (and YOU) this summer. (That's right! We're heading back out to WA to have the baby!)

Ellen Seidman said...

Oh, Jess, everything looks absolutely gorgeous! It's all been done in such amazing taste!!! Enjoy. You deserve it.

Niksmom said...

Just gorgeous! And such an amazing gift of love and gratitude. *sigh(

Ann said...

The people at Signature Custom Homes and all the craftspeople who donated their time and effort are amazing! You have a beautiful home!!!

Joy said...

thats AWESOME, I'm so thrilled for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Jess, I love the new house. I can't think of any family that deserves it more than you guys. Your blog reminds me every day to keep doing good and keep pushing forward. Thanks for being so open.

Unknown said...

Seamlessly beautiful! There isn't an awkward space or untouched corner.

It is so lovely. Your must be overwhelmed.

Congratulations~

Lisa @ All That and a Box of Rocks

Lin said...

It's beautiful. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

So happy for you,

Julie

leah said...

It is absolutely stunning! I love, love, love the built-ins and the kitchen!!

Zanda said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning...!!!!!

txmoabite said...

Wow, your new home is beautiful! The kitchen looks especially fun to cook in - it will make all your recipes taste even more delicious :)

Kara Melissa said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I love to see before and after pics. You must be so happy! Yay!

 
Blog Directory