Friday, November 12, 2010

In Which Connor Has Even More Seizures And Hopefully We Put A Stop To It

Short blog tonight, folks, because I'm headed to bed early!

After a failed attempt to get Connor up and moving this morning I decided to keep him home from school.  The little guy was grumpy and tired, but it was hard to tell if this was because he was getting sick or because he stayed up until two in the morning. 

He had his first seizure around ten or so, and a second around one in the afternoon.  His neurologist called us back a little later and we talked about what could possibly be bringing these on.  Connor has had six seizures in the past three days, which is not so hot, and a number of those have been the needs-resuscitation kind, which I'm not thrilled about.  He speculated that maybe Connor has gotten used to the amount of Lamictal in his system and it's becoming ineffective.  So we're going to up his dose again to 50mg instead of the 37.5mg he's been taking.  Hopefully this will do the trick and the little guy will quit having these!

So we'll be starting that up tomorrow, and I expect him to be pretty clingy, sad and tired, which is how upping his Lamictal seems to affect him.  I won't be there to see how the morning goes, though, because I'm heading into Seattle with a friend.  There's an awesome roller derby workshop being put on by the Rat City Roller Girls tomorrow and Sunday.  Unfortunately it sold out over a month ago-- before I even made a league.  So the two of us are going to go up on the off chance that someone who signed up doesn't show and see if we can score tickets there.  If it doesn't work out we'll spend a nice morning in Seattle and then head home, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

So I'm off to bed.  Or at least, I'm going to try to be off to bed.  Connor's still going strong-- he took two substantial naps today because of the seizures-- so goodness knows when he'll go to sleep.  I hope for my sake it's soon!   

~Jess

1 comment:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping the med change does the trick at keeping the seizures under control. I hate this for him and for you guys too! I wish the seizures would just stop already!

 
Blog Directory