Friday, January 14, 2011

In Which Connor Discovers A New Food Of Awesomness And I Never Want To See Another Sequin Ever Again

Today I fed Connor a little bit of my Phish Food (chocolate ice cream with marshmallow caramel swirls and fudge fish) Ben & Jerry's ice cream and he attempted to eat his weight in the marshmallow fluff.  He doesn't like ice cream because his teeth are cold sensitive, but the marshmallow fluff was evidently a strong enough draw that he didn't care about how it made his teeth feel.  So he'd open his mouth, lunge for the spoon like some sort of ridiculously adorable platinum blond piranha, and then make this horrible face for a few seconds until the ice cream melted.  Then he would look at me, look at the spoon, sign "go" and pointedly open his mouth again. 

Silly little guy.

He had a small seizure today-- it was about a minute or so long-- so I think we're back to our one-a-week schedule.  Because of the seizure, he went to bed early despite the sugar high all the marshmallow fluff caused: around five or so in the evening.  I'm expecting him to wake up around five in the morning as a result, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.  No doubt I'll be thrilled.

In other news, I spent some time working on Ellen's stocking again today.  You can see I'm over the halfway mark on the tail now-- and it's about time!  I've reached the point where I don't really know why I thought this was a good idea in the first place and I never ever want to do this again. 

Worst.  Idea.  Ever.

Oh, and also I hate sequins.  Not that any of you didn't see this coming given how I ranted the last time I made a stocking.  Feel free to say I told you so. 

You can really start to see how the tail is going to look when it's finished.  I think it'll be really pretty, even if currently I hate it with a fiery, burning passion.

And people say sewing is such a relaxing hobby.

~Jess

1 comment:

Rena said...

Marshmallow fluff.... yummm!

I'm kind of with you on the sequin thing. They can be so tiresome

 
Blog Directory