Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In Which Connor Is Sick Again

When I dropped Connor off at school today he seemed a little ornery, but I attributed that to the fact that he'd had a bad case of insomnia last night and gotten about five hours of sleep.  Other than being a little grumpy he seemed to be doing okay.

His teacher wheeled him out to me at the end of the day and told me that the first half had gone really well, but he'd just seemed kind of "off" for the second half of the day.  Oh, and he'd thrown up a little bit, so he was wearing new pants.  I figured once again it was due to the insomnia, and that after he'd had his quiet time he'd feel better.

He started coughing on the ride home.

As soon as I put him down for his quiet time, he fell asleep.  He slept fitfully on and off for two or three hours, waking up to cough every once in a while.  Then he started throwing up.  The chills started around three in the afternoon, and when I took his temperature he was running at 102.5.  I ran for the Tylenol, but he had his first seizure about fifteen minutes later, and then a second a little while later.

So much for insomnia.

I spent the rest of the day with a pale, shaky nauseous kid curled up on my chest.  I'm hoping this is just a nasty twenty-four hour bug, but it's looking suspiciously like the flu.  He had a flu shot earlier this winter, but it doesn't guard against all the strains of the stuff, of course.  So for now I'll be dosing him with Tylenol every four hours or so to keep his fever down, and it looks like we'll be curled up at home over the next few days.  I really wish the kid could manage more than a week without getting sick!  Lately it seems like he's just been going from one bug to another.

I hope he feels better soon!

~Jess

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hope hes better soon to i gave u a blog award its in my ellen blog something fun for u to do i allways have fun reading ur posts after i found you through one of my charge mummys blog lists and i think ud have soem fun with this one click on the ellen link when u click my name big hugs

Julia O'C said...

Aw, Jess. I'm crossing my fingers that it's not the flu.

 
Blog Directory