Monday, May 30, 2011

In Which It Is Memorial Day

Since today was Memorial Day, Jeremy and Connor both were off of work and school respectively.  We spent the day quietly at home, recovering from our busy weekend and catching up on housework. 

Jeremy's been in the military for about six years now, and his current plan is to stay in for life.  We have many friends who are currently serving overseas and are separated from their families and in harm's way, so I took a little time today to think about all of them and their loved ones. 

Honestly Memorial Day for me isn't really a holiday-- it's kind of a sobering reminder of just how lucky I really am. 

~Jess

1 comment:

Saran said...

I was kind of confused by all my Facebook friends proclaiming "Happy Memorial Day!" as if it's a birthday or something.

 
Blog Directory