I hate to say it, but if tomorrow isn't a drastic improvement over today I'm pretty sure we're heading in to the hospital.
Again. Apparently we're aiming for about once a month right now.
Today was seriously not a good day in Connor Land, though. He spent pretty much the whole day drifting in and out of sleep and periodically waking up to cough, throw up, have a seizure, or break out in chills. He was also running a fever despite the Tylenol. This is either the flu or it's some other bug doing a remarkably good impression of the flu. At any rate, the little guy had eight seizures today while on Ativan and I had to do mouth-to-mouth on him three times.
Which means, by the way, that I am more than likely now infected with whatever Martian Death Flu bug Connor has managed to pick up. And if his flu shot didn't help him out with it, mine probably isn't going to be any more effective. I can't wait; it looks like so much fun.
Anyway, if it looks like he's going to have a similar day tomorrow we'll be hauling him in. The only reason we didn't take him in today was that the seizures finally started tapering off in the evening. I'm not so much concerned about the flu itself-- and if that is what he's got there's not really anything they can do about it anyway-- but I am concerned about the number of seizures he's having despite being on his emergency seizure med. The average case of flu lasts between four to ten days, and if he's going to continue to have that many seizures we need him in the hospital where they can give him more powerful doses of antiepileptic drugs.
In the meantime I'll keep dosing him with Tylenol every four hours around the clock, we'll keep him on a constant feed to keep him from getting dehydrated, and we'll see what tomorrow brings.
6 days ago