Friday, October 14, 2011

In Which A Friend Needs Some Kind Words And Connor Has A Rough Day

 If you have the chance today, take the time to go visit my friend Carrie's blog; she and her family could use your supportive thoughts and prayers.  One of the great things about the online special needs community is the support it offers to parents during times of great hardship and sorrow.  This is one of those times for Carrie, folks.  Her lovely, vibrant three year old daughter, Hannah, has a rare life-limiting genetic disorder and her condition has taken a sharp turn for the worse in the past few days. culminating in them receiving some devastating news. 

We're over here sending good thoughts your way, Hannah.

So I spent the morning at the doctor's office; we're in the process of renewing our adoption visa and so I needed an updated medical form.  The visit was largely uneventful, though I did get asked about the bruises covering large portions of my anatomy.  After three roller derby scrimmages in a week, I get pretty beat up looking sometimes!

Connor had a good day at school, but then he had three seizures this afternoon-- one a seven minute long jerking one in which I literally had the cap off the Diastat and was about to give it when it finally stopped.  So instead of doing anything productive today, I mostly spent the afternoon on the couch with a miserable little boy curled up asleep on my chest. 

That's the way it goes sometimes.

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory