Friday, October 21, 2011

In Which Our Daughter Is Safe And I Prepare For A Road Trip

Today I'm so happy to tell you that we received information on the conditions at Ellen's orphanage, and they are high and dry!  The children's home she lives in, as well as the surrounding orphanages, have not experienced any flooding or water damage.  While they aren't out of the woods yet, hopefully the worst is over as the water begins to drain through Bangkok and they will not see the flood levels rise any more in her area.  We're so thankful and relieved to know that she and the other children are safe!  Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers as the situation continues to develop.

Bright and early tomorrow morning I'll be kissing Jer and Connor goodbye and heading down towards Salem, Oregon to play in a roller derby bout.  So there may or may not be a blog tomorrow, depending on my Internet access.  I'm excited about the road trip, and I haven't visited Salem before so it will be fun to see a bit of the city, even if I won't really have time for any major sightseeing.  Wish me luck!

Connor seemed a bit sleepy and lethargic again today; I'm wondering if the return to dark, rainy weather is affecting him a bit.  I know I always tend to want to hibernate when the weather turns gloomy here.  He didn't have any seizures, though, and hopefully he'll sleep well tonight.  Last night I'm pretty sure he had some nightmares; the little guy woke up several times obviously terrified, and he sobbed into my shoulder for a while before going back to sleep.  It was pretty heartbreaking.  I always wonder what it is that he dreams about.  Thankfully his dreams seem to mostly be happy; oftentimes we'll hear him laughing in his sleep.  So far this evening he's been sleeping peacefully, so maybe he'll be in a better mood tomorrow when he has his Daddy Day with Jeremy.  He always enjoys spending time with his daddy!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory