Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Which Connor Has More Seizures And I Take A Break

A short blog tonight because I'm over at Hopeful Parents today.

Connor had six seizures today, and one of them was the kind where he jerks around a lot.  His seizures for the most part don't upset him anymore, but that kind understandably still scares the bejeezus out of him.  It's got to be terrifying when your body is doing something that you don't want it to do and you can't make it stop-- especially since he can only take a breath between jerks.  After that one his left side was paralyzed for a while.  Luckily he went to sleep quickly and by the time he woke up he could move it again.  I'll be putting a call into Connor's neurologist on Tuesday when the holiday is over.

I ended up going out and taking a little bit of time for myself this afternoon; Jer watched Connor and I headed off to the bookstore and also to find some sort of rooibos tea, which Jeremy has developed a taste for.  I found some flavored with vanilla beans that he tried out tonight and likes quite a bit. 

I returned home feeling quite a bit less burned out, though I still need some date time with Jeremy soon! 

~Jess

1 comment:

Alicia D said...

sigh... the seizure posts always get to me. we too are in a seizure mess. it seems like they go in phases. right when im thinking "i think they are finally getting under control" the cosmic wheels set in motion and i get proven wrong :(. anyway, good luck to you and connor.

 
Blog Directory