Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Which It's Valentine's Day

EDIT: Just realized that I wrote this post and somehow managed to not publish it.  Sorry about that!  It's back-dated now to the appropriate day.

I opened up my laptop this morning after Connor was at school to find a lovely Valentine's Day card hidden in between the keys and the screen.  Apparently there's a package in the mail that should be coming soon, too.  Jer is so sweet to me!

We're kind of low-key on Valentine's Day around here, because it's merely the prelude to one of the best holidays of the year: Half-Price Chocolate Day.  I got Jer a card too and made him a special dinner with one of our favorite desserts-- tiramisu.  Tiramisu is something we used to make all the time in the first few years of our marriage (once we got out of the Living On Ramen And Dented Clearance Cans Of Vegetables stage, which lasted a while) and it's great because it's a dessert that involves both of us.  Jer has to make the espresso because I refuse to learn how to use his espresso machine, and then I make everything else.  I love working in the kitchen with him. 

Connor came home with a whole bunch of valentines from his classmates and he seemed to be in a pretty good mood.  He had a couple of small seizures after he got home and spent a good portion of the afternoon napping while I played Hidden Objects games on his iPad.  I was going to upload more pictures onto his assistive speech program, but I got sidetracked.  Connor is starting to show an interest in his iPad again now that he'll actually touch stuff again.  We went through a period this fall and winter where he pretty much didn't want to do anything.  Now he's started playing with the keyboard and bongos again, and I have high hopes that maybe we can start easing him back into making choices with his iPad.  We'll see how it goes.

I hope everyone had a lovely Half-Price Chocolate Day Eve! 

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory