Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In Which Connor And I Hang Out And He Hopes I'll Hang Up

Connor is back up to two hours a day in his stander again, though I'm splitting the time up because he seems to tolerate it much better that way.  Two hours is a long time to be standing without pause for any kid, let alone a kid like my little guy!

It got pretty hot outside today, so we spent the majority of the time holed up indoors with the blinds down to keep things cool.  I spent some time making calls and catching up on paperwork, and Connor spent that time screaming at the top of his lungs any time I picked up the phone.  Connor isn't a fan of conversations that don't include him as the center of attention, and he's no stranger about getting his point across when I refuse to hang up after a politely signed "No, Mommy.  All done bye bye." 

He doesn't cry or get really upset-- he just makes his displeasure known.  Just pick out a video on YouTube of a screaming macaw, put it on repeat and play it at top volume through some surround sound speakers and you'll have a good approximation of how things sounded around here today.

As you might imagine, this makes it difficult to talk with the poor lady from our insurance company. 

Luckily Connor can't follow me across the room, so I spent a good chunk of my day with him sitting his protest on the couch while I leaned against the kitchen counter, within eye shot of the little guy but far enough out of his impressive demonstration of lung capacity that I could actually get through the phone conversation.  Sometimes I even drew it out a bit-- the last thing I wanted to do was reward him for the behavior by hanging up the phone.  That's a surefire way to ingrain this glorious new tactic of his forever.

Sigh.

~Jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel for you been there

 
Blog Directory