Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In Which Mom And Dad Take Off And We Garden Some More

We took my parents back to the airport today; I'm sad to see them go!  We had a great time with them, and hope we'll get the chance to see them again soon.

After we saw them off, I spent most of the rest of the day doing garden-related things.  I put the rest of the plants from my last buying spree in the ground, and then promptly went out and bought more of them to fill out another bed in the front yard.  Sometimes these projects kind of take on a life of their own.  I also purchased a taller shepherd's hook for my bird feeders in the backyard, as one of the neighbor's cats has decided my feeders are her own personal buffet table.  She nearly caught one of my chickadees today because the feeder was only a few feet off the ground.  Now she'll at least have to work much harder to get to them. 

I've seen enough bird carnage this week, thank you very much. 

Other than that, we mostly hung around the house today.  Tomorrow we're probably getting the deck ready to restain; since we're not likely to get rain the next few days it's the perfect time.  Then it will be back to the patio project and probably a lot more gardening.  Once I start gaining momentum it's kind of hard to stop!

~Jess

2 comments:

free said...

your blog is very n nice Ek Tha Tiger is a romantic thriller which tells the story of a Trinity College scientist suspected of selling missile technology see more...

free said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Blog Directory