Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Which I Am Sick

I thought I was going to mostly miss catching the bug that laid Connor low all of last week-- I had a couple days of a scratchy throat but it disappeared and I thought that was it.  Well, by around 11:00 today my nose had gone on strike and decided not to work anymore, and my throat now feels like I've been snacking on broken glass between meals. 

I don't recommend broken glass as a dietary supplement, by the way.  It has very little nutritional value.

Anyway, we had respite care but since I felt lousy we spent most of the ensconced in a coffee shop where I worked on pears for The Stocking That Will Not Die and Jeremy read a book.  Then I went skating briefly, because sometimes when I'm sick exercising makes me feel a little better.  I'm figuring if this illness follows the usual pattern of such things tomorrow will probably be my worst day and then I'll be on the mend.  I'm hoping I'll be over this bug soon, because of course Connor feels great and wants to be entertained constantly.  Also I have Christmas shopping to do. 

In the meantime I'll be drinking a whole lot of tea with lemon and honey and trying to catch some extra sleep so I can feel better before the holidays are upon us.

Bleagh.

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory