Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Which Connor Has A Whole Bunch Of Seizures And I Build One Half Of An Arbor

Connor didn't fare very well today, I'm afraid.  He had a grand total of seven seizures today-- three of them before ten in the morning-- and he ended up coming home early from school and spending most of the day asleep on my chest.

I didn't fare so well either.  We had a three hour roller derby practice yesterday, and I woke up extremely sore.  When you are very sore, I do not recommend spending an entire day sitting on the couch completely still with a heavy (and drooling) weight on your chest.  This will not make you any less sore.  It will kind of have the opposite effect, in fact. 

Also by the time Jeremy got home I desperately needed a bathroom break.  This did not help matters.

I have no idea what's going on with the kid, but I'm wondering if maybe he's coming down with something.  He wasn't running a fever though and he's not congested at all, so I'm not really sure.  He's supposed to have his school field day tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll be able to go, but we'll just have to see how he's feeling.

In the hour or so Connor spent at school before the nurse called and I picked him up I did manage to get a little bit of work done on the arbor, which was nice.  I finished cutting out all the pieces and put together the first side panel as you can see in the picture.  The piece to the right is the top of the arbor; I have yet to attach the pieces together so it's just laid out.  I think it's going to turn out actually looking like what I had in my head, which is pretty exciting.  After Jeremy came home I escaped to the hardware store and picked up more screws as well as some plants for the shade garden on the side of the house, which I think will end up looking pretty nice once we're finished with it.  I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to work on it tomorrow; it will largely depend on how Connor's feeling and if the weather cooperates.

I hope he does better tomorrow!

~Jess

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a hearing-impaired derby girl who works for Veterans of Foreign Wars, I'm loving your blog!

Jess said...

Oh cool! Sounds like a winning combination!

 
Blog Directory