Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In Which Connor Is Huge

Connor spent some quality time in his stander today.  I set him up in the living room and let him watch an episode of Fraggle Rock.  Precious, mind-numbing television time will get this kid to tolerate just about anything-- that's why it's a special hospital-and-therapy-he-doesn't-want-to-do treat. 

Putting him in the stander reminds me of just how tall he's getting; can you believe how big the kid is now?  He just cut his first permanant tooth and everything.  When you consider that when we moved to Washington four and a half years ago he was the size of a Cabbage Patch Kid doll it's kind of amazing how much he's grown.  Oh, he's still tiny for a five year old of course, but he certainly doesn't look like a baby anymore!

He does, however, seriously need his hair brushed.  That's what it looks like when he wakes up in the morning.  He's kind of got that mad scientist vibe going, if you know what I mean.  He likes to rub his hands together too, so it always looks like he's plotting world domination or something.  It's pretty cute, but I still brush his hair anyway.  I figure if he's going to conquer the globe he might as well do it with neat hair.

He and I did a bit more yard work today, but mostly we stuck to the indoors as it was gloomy outside.  I'm not sure tomorrow's weather will be any better, but I'll have Joanna here for part of the day so I'll be able to work rain or shine without having to worry about the little guy.  Connor wasn't very enthusiastic about any of the chores-- even the laundry, which is usually his favorite.  I think I wore him out with his stander time and he was pouting because I made him work.  Oh well!

~Jess

4 comments:

Julia said...

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!!!" -- The Brain

Ben usually wakes up with a good case of Bed Hair, too, and it's not always fixable with a hair brush, even with the usual well-placed dabs of Mom Spit (a million household uses, patent pending). So he's often sporting an impressive spike at school, too. A bit more Dennis the Menace than Mad Scientist, but it still has an edgy appeal.

Julia O'C said...

World domination. Covert operations. Kid's got big plans.

Emmett had bedhead regardless of whether or not he's recently gotten out of bed. I have to chase him around the house with a spray bottle to make it look semi-decent.

Regarding previous posts: your garden looks AMAZING!!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

He is the cutest! He does look like he has some evil plans in mind, but that only adds to his charm. : )

Anonymous said...

Connor is darling, though I will agree wrt his hair. :)

I don't often read your blog; however I'm glad I did, today.

 
Blog Directory