Monday, November 7, 2011

In Which Connor Goes On Strike Again

Forgive me if I'm a little incoherent tonight; Connor stayed up until nearly 5:30 in the morning yesterday, and as it's now nearly midnight and he's still yodeling at the top of his lungs in his room, things aren't looking so hot for tonight either.  I kept Connor home from school, but I probably should have just sent him because he seemed totally unaffected by his two hours total of sleep.  I was not quite so lucky.

I turned into the most absentminded person in the world.  I dialed phone numbers and forgot who I was calling before they picked up.  I went to roller derby practice without my wrist guards, which I left sitting on the couch next to where my skate bag had been.  I went to grocery store and came back without half of the groceries I'd intended to get.  Today was not a day for making life-changing decisions or for anything involving higher math, and I strongly suspect tomorrow will be more of the same.

Case in point; there were a number of other things I'd meant to tell you all today, but I can't currently remember what any of them are.  For some reason this particular run of sleepless nights is hitting me particularly hard-- especially when you consider that Saturday night I was away in Oregon and actually got a full eight hours of sleep.  I think the road trip was actually part of the problem; I love going on them but for whatever reason they are exhausting for me, so coming straight off of one into No Sleep Land is pretty rough. 

Oh well.  Looks like I'll be hitting the caffeine pretty hard tomorrow!

~Jess

1 comment:

Simply, Sarah said...

I read your first sentence, and thought what a blessing it is that you live in your own house, and not an apartment!!

I hope Connor gets some rest soon, so you can too. :)

 
Blog Directory