Saturday, November 12, 2011

In Which We Are All Sickykins

Well it was day two of Glorious Sicky-Family Bonding Time around here, and it was not particularly fun.  I don't get sick very often and Jer catches bugs even less than I do, so it's pretty unusual for us both to be under the weather.  Connor catches absolutely everything that comes down the line, so I'm not really surprised that he's sick.  Oh well; hopefully this means that we'll all recover at the same time, too.  There's nothing more exhausting than being sick and having a kid who is completely over the illness and just brimming full of health and energy.  I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

So anyway we took it easy today; I made us some dark, extra-spicy gingerbread with lemon whipped cream and we spent the day munching on that and drinking lots and lots of soothing hot beverages.  I did make a small start on getting the backyard cleaned up for winter, but the rain drove me indoors pretty quickly.  I spent the rest of the day balled up on the couch watching the roller derby championships, sometimes with a little guy on my lap. 

Connor basically went from one cuddle session to another today, with a brief interlude for a bath with Daddy after he threw up all over the place.  Luckily he crashed tonight, so hopefully he's getting some healing sleep.  He's snoring like you wouldn't believe either, but it can't really be helped.  The poor little guy is pretty stuffy right now.

I hope we feel better tomorrow!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory