Saturday, November 5, 2011

In Which I'm In Oregon

I'm down here in Albany, Oregon after skating in tonight's bout-- we just got to our billeting from the after party!  We're staying at another skater's house tonight, which is my favorite way to work things when we go on road trips. 

I felt like I had a slow start but skated a lot better in the second half.  We lost, but we still had a ton of fun so our mission was accomplished.  I got up way earlier in the morning than I'm used to because it was a long drive down and we were actually stopping at another bout first; some of my team mates actually skated two bouts today!  At any rate, I'm pretty exhausted now, probably because of a combination of things.  I usually actually get better sleep at our away bouts than I do at home because the little guy isn't there to keep me awake, so I'm going to take advantage of that and get as much sleep as I can tonight! 

We'll be heading back to Puyallup tomorrow, but it was nice to get away for a little while with my team mates and have a good time!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory