Sunday, November 13, 2011

In Which We Are Feeling Better And I Work On A Peacock

We had another quiet day here; I'm happy to say that everyone was feeling a bit better.  Looks like we're on the mend!  I'm hoping Connor will be well enough to go to school tomorrow-- it probably depends on how stuffy he is.  Here he is right before bedtime hanging out in his moose pajamas.  Because moose pajamas are awesome.

I ventured out and did just a little bit of shopping today; there were a number of essentials we'd run out of that I needed to pick up, and I also picked up a few odds and ends for Christmas stocking stuffers. 

Thinking about Christmas stockings made me realize that I'd really like to finish Ellen's and hang it up this year, so I pulled it out the long-neglected project when I got home and got back to work on it.  I set it aside a few months ago and worked on other things because I got burned out on gold metallic thread, but I'm happy to say that I'm on the downhill slope now and things are moving along well.  I finished four or five layers of feathers today, so I got quite a bit of work done.  I also drew and cut out the last tracing paper patterns for the feathers and name plate and pinned them on to get an idea of how the stocking will look when finished.  I have to say that I'm pretty proud of the way it's turning out; I can't wait to get it all put together and see how it turns out!

I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do as far as Ellen's name on the stocking yet; we can spell her formal Thai name many different ways in English and we don't know yet what spelling will be on her American visa.  I guess I'll figure that out when I get to that point; in the meantime I have a few more layers of feathers to do before I have to worry about it.   

I hope our daughter likes it!

~Jess

2 comments:

krlr said...

That stocking really is AMAZING. My grandmother made needlepoint stockings for us all but I haven't carried the tradition on (yet? guilt?)

Glad y'all are feeling better. Clearly the moose PJs have special powers.

Julia O'C said...

Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous. Now let's get this girl home to you!!

 
Blog Directory