Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In Which Connor Shakes Things Up

Well, Connor has once again demonstrated his ability to keep me on my toes.  He had five seizures today, and a couple of them were of a kind I'm not used to seeing.  Basically he starts breathing really quickly, and then he starts shaking like he's got hypothermia.  Then for the last ten or fifteen seconds of the seizure he just. . . stops.  No moving, no breathing, eyes completely fixed and pupils totally dilated-- he looks a bit like a wax model of my child.  Then he snaps out of it. 

Whee!  This kid certainly likes to keep me on my toes.  I still prefer these to the completely-non-breathing-through-the-whole-thing kind of seizures, but now I'm going to start freaking out every time the kid is just cold. 

Oh well.  Guess I'll be keeping him extra warm and cozy until I can tell the difference.

So needless to say he had a quiet, low-key day today.  Our respite care worker came over this afternoon, and Connor spent most of the rest of the day snuggling with her and watching Peter Pan, starring Mary Martin. 

Mary Martin happens to be one of my favorite actresses of all time, not because she's necessarily that skilled of an actress (though she was, and also her voice was amazingl) but because she always seemed to be having so much fun when she was doing it.  Also she was a pretty classy lady.  So If you've never seen the 1960 version of Peter Pan, you're missing out.  Now I'm happy to say that it's become one of Connor's all time favorites too! 

It's really nice to be able to pass down something like that. 

~Jess








No comments:

 
Blog Directory