Sunday, December 4, 2011

In Which I'm Loopy From Sleep Deprivation

Not a whole heck of a lot to say tonight-- I'm entering that delirious state of mind where I stare at familiar words and convince myself that I'm misspelling them and/or that they've lost all meaning.  Tonight is the third night in a row I'll be waking up every four hours around the clock to dose Connor with Tylenol to keep him from seizing while the antibiotics do their work.  We tried taking him off it today and his temperature started rising, so back on it he went.  Theoretically he shouldn't be contagious anymore as we're doing the equivalent of nuking his strep throat with the strength of antibiotics he's on, but evidently his body is still fighting the infection.  Either that or he's got something else going on.  Whee!

So at any rate, I am kind of ridiculously tired right now, and I'm going to go to bed now so I can get as much sleep as possible before I have to wake up again to dose the little guy. 

Good night.

~Jess

1 comment:

Julia O'C said...

Blargh!!! I want to say something comforting and/or helpful but um...I've got nothing. I'm just sorry that this is happening.

 
Blog Directory