Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Which Connor Has A Gajabillion More Seizures

So we didn't go to the dentist's office today.  Instead we rescheduled and stayed home, because Connor had six seizures and I didn't think getting on the highway with him would be a good idea.

This is seriously not a good trend.

So depending on how tomorrow starts out we may or may not end up back in the hospital, which no doubt will be Fun Times.  Connor is having these while on his Ativan, which is even better.  He spent most of the day drifting in and out of sleep.  For some reason he always seems to pull this sort of thing going into the weekend, when all of his doctors are gone.  Also we have company coming from Texas.  And I have a bout on Saturday. 

My child has an impeccable sense of dramatic timing.

It's getting to the point where I need a seizure meter up on top of the blog so I can just tick off the number he had each day.  I'm afraid that he is definitely heading in the wrong direction.  If we do end up back in the hospital we'll almost certainly be going up to Children's, and I'm hoping we might get the chance to see the epileptologist again.  Otherwise we'll just have to see how things go.

Not a good day.

~Jess

4 comments:

leah said...

Oh, Jess, I hope he gets off the seizure train today. Sending hugs and prayers to you guys - I hope you don't end up in the hospital this weekend. :-(

Julia said...

I'm so sorry. Hoping for the best and awaiting an update on how today went. Take care.

Fiona said...

Jess, thinking of all of you, and hoping Connor stops seizing in time to charm all the company you have arriving from Texas. If anyone can do it, Connor can!

gloria said...

Oh no. Are you guys still considering a seizure alert dog? Not that it would reduce them, but might make things a little easier for you. Wait, maybe not if it means one more thing to be responsible for. Well, either way, are you?

 
Blog Directory