Monday, October 15, 2012

In Which I Go Shoe Shopping (But Thankfully Not For Me)

Today while Connor was at school I got together with a friend for brunch, and also went shopping for a pair of jeans and some shoes for Ellen.  We have a pretty good idea of her clothing and shoe sizes now, so my plan is to bring a couple outfits in slightly different sizes and then she'll have something to wear until we get the chance to go shopping in Bangkok.  There's a gigantic mall there called Mahboonkrong (MBK) that's fairly close to where we should be staying.  It's eight stories high and has around 2,000 shops, so we should be able to find something there for sure!

I've decided that shoe shopping is much more fun when I'm doing it for someone else. 

I got her some shoes that slip on and off fairly easily, as it's polite to take your shoes off before entering many buildings in Thailand.  Hopefully they'll fit well enough that she can at least wear them to the store!  I might pick up a pair of sandals for her as well-- if I can find any this time of year.  I think it's much easier to wear a pair of sandals that are a little small or big than it is to wear closed-toed shoes with the same issue.

That's one more thing to check off my list as we get closer to travel!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory