Saturday, March 17, 2012

In Which i Do A Lot Of Things And Talk About Ellen All Day

We had a busy day today!

Of course I had to get started right away on getting Ellen's room ready.  I am going to be nesting for the next few months like you wouldn't believe!  So she has a desk chair now (though no desk to go with it, as of yet) and I have plans to make her a pillow or two for her bed, though I won't be insulted if she decides they aren't her style. 

I also spent a bit of time cleaning in preparation for another Crafting Fun Time party, which happened this afternoon.  This time Joanna came and brought her massage chair (yes our respite care worker is a medical massage therapist, which is every bit as awesome as it sounds) and so not only did I have a fantastic time socializing and crafting with some lovely ladies, but I got forty minutes worth of massage too!  To top it all off there was chocolate involved as well, so it was pretty much all my favorite things wrapped up in one package.  I think I'm going to make a regular habit of these events. 

That is if anyone wants to come back, as I may or may not have talked about Ellen nonstop the entire party.  I admit to nothing!

Speaking of Ellen-- thanks so much for all of your well wishes and congratulations.  Quite a few of you have asked questions related to her adoption, and since many people are wondering about the same things I'll write up a post sometime during the next few days to answer them the best I can.  Thanks for your patience!

Anyway, shortly after the last crafters left it was time for Jer to drive to the airport and pick up Jeremy's brother, who's spending his spring break with us.  It's great that he's here to visit, and not just because I now have a captive audience to whom I can show every single picture and video we have of Ellen multiple times.  He's been very gracious so far about my gushing enthusiasm.   Connor was already in bed when the guys arrived home, but he's been pretty excited about having his uncle visit, so I'm sure he'll be pretty happy when he wakes up tomorrow and finds out that he's here.

So like I said, a busy day!

~Jess

1 comment:

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

Who can blame you for talking about Ellen tons? That's wonderful that she will be coming home with you relatively soon!

 
Blog Directory