Saturday, March 31, 2012

In Which I Play A Lot Of Derby

My bout was super fun!  And I didn't die or break any bones or anything!  We ended up losing, but we had a great time anyway.  I'm pretty sure it's actually impossible to play roller derby and not have a good time, except for the breaking stuff part.  That probably wouldn't be very fun.  Luckily I haven't had the opportunity to find out.

Anyway, so I spent pretty much all day doing derby related things.  This is actually a super heavy month for me as far as derby goes; on the 13th of April I've got a bout down in Montana and on the 21st I have a bout in Idaho.  So I'll be doing quite a bit of traveling!  I've never been to Montana before, but I always think about that poignant line from The Trumpet of The Swan, which was one of my favorite books growing up: "What is Montana-- banana, banana?" 

Moving stuff, that is.  Also if you've never read The Trumpet of The Swan you had a seriously deprived childhood.  Go find it and read it.  Now.

Anyway, unfortunately I don't think I'll have the chance to visit Louis the swan at the Red Rock Lakes this time around.  Oh well-- maybe next time!

~Jess



1 comment:

the mommy psychologist said...

I is absolutely impossible to play roller derby and not have a good time. If you aren't sure of it, I am!

"The child psychologist who thought she had all the answers to parenting until she became one herself." www.themommypsychologist.com

 
Blog Directory