Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In Which We Have A Pajama Day And My Voice Goes On Strike

I woke up this morning with the voice of a fourteen year old boy and my ears stuffed full of cotton wool.  Since it was Wednesday so Connor didn't have school, I declared it a Pajama Day.  I've got a bout coming up this weekend and so I need to get better as soon as possible to be in top shape for that, which means it's time to take it easy. 

I spent the first half of the day guzzling tea and snuggling with the little guy (who has turned into a complete snot fountain so I'm pretty sure I know where I picked this bug up) and then dragged myself off the couch and got back to work cleaning out Ellen's room.  Jer's taking next week off for spring break, so we're going to try and get things finished up with both Ellen's room and my studio.  If we're going to be able to pull it off I've got to get everything organized, which means no slacking off for me!

Unfortunately when Jeremy got home he told me that he feels like he's getting sick too.  So the next few days may be relatively miserable around here.  At least Connor (other than the whole snot fountain thing) seems to be feeling fantastic.  He did his stander time today without any protest and was way more chatty than any actually sick kid has any business being.  I think this may be one of those rare occasions where I actually end up getting sicker than he does.

Now that doesn't happen very often!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory