Saturday, March 3, 2012

In Which We Have A Better Day

Instead of blogging last night, I fell asleep.  That's what happens when you have Martian Death Flu and go out on a date anyway.  Sorry about that.

The date was fun (except for the Martian Death Flu part of course); we went out to our favorite Greek restaurant and then split the rest of the evening between sitting in the coffee shop and grocery shopping.  I know-- exciting, right?  But due to the fact that everyone's been sick for a week, we were pretty much out of food, so it needed to be done.  I think more than anything Jer and I just needed to spend some time together, so it didn't really matter what we were doing.

Today I felt much better, possibly due to the fact that I got something like fourteen hours of sleep.  It didn't rain today, so I finally got up on a ladder and took down the Christmas lights, a mere three months after Christmas was over.  I also drove downtown and stopped by the library, the cheese shop, one of the coffee shops on our usual rounds and the little bakery.  There were a ton of people walking around-- the cheese shop was full to the gills-- and I ended up asking someone what was going on.  It turns out that the annual sewing expo is happening right now at the Puyallup Fair, which I was really excited by.  I didn't have the chance to stop in today, but I think I'm going to try and go tomorrow.  They apparently have a seminar on needlefelting that I'd love to go to. 

Anyway, so I'm over the worst of this glorious illness and am on the mend.  Connor seems to be feeling pretty good too, though he's still really congested.  He doesn't bounce back as quickly as Jer and I do.  He should be able to go back to school on Monday, though.  I think he's looking forward to it after being cooped up in the house for a few days!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory