Thursday, March 22, 2012

In Which I Fill Out A Bajillion Forms

Today was a day for paperwork. 

I printed off all of the rest of the immigration forms we needed for Ellen this morning, and Jer signed them before he left for work.  Then while Connor was at school I spent several hours filling everything out, with the occasional call to our adoption agency for help.  Along with our child background, medical information, post-placement agreement and a number of other things it ended up being a document of over sixty pages-- quite the packet! 

Luckily the forms were for the most part much easier to fill out than our dossier paperwork and we'd already gotten all the sheets we needed to notarize finished, so things went relatively quickly.  I was able to finish everything up and then Connor and I took it up to the agency's office this afternoon.  We'll be doing some more paperwork for the social worker later, but for now everything that needs to be done is finished, and we're back to the waiting game!  I think the next big packet we'll have to fill out will be our travel documentation, which is kind of crazy to think about. 

I think Connor is either coming down with some a cold or has got some allergies going on; he was definitely snuffly today.  Despite having the sniffles, he was still in a pretty good mood and we didn't see any seizures today, which was nice.  He hasn't been too thrilled with me hauling him all over the place, and I'm not finished yet.  Tomorrow we're headed up to drop off all of Ellen's medical information at the Center For Adoption Medicine up in Seattle.  We have a phone consult with them next week about Ellen's health and development to help us best prepare for her arrival home.  That way we'll have all of the potential services she might need already set up and ready to go.

Despite a very busy day, the little guy is still wide awake.  I don't know how he does it; I'm exhausted!  Of course he didn't fill out sixty pages worth of paperwork either, so maybe that has something to do with it.  Oh well.

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory