Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In Which Connor Feels Much Better And I Start Work On Ellen's Room


Ellen's room so far-- we've got a long way to go!
 I woke up this morning to discover snow on the ground.  Then over the course of the next eight hours we had sleet, sunshine until half the snow was melted, more snow, hail, more sunshine, sleet and snow again.  So you get no photos of my backyard today because all the lovely work they did was buried under various layers of snow, sleet and hail, and also because there's no way I was standing out there to get any pictures.  Apparently it's supposed to rain hard overnight, too and be down in the mid-thirties.  So much for spring!

Connor is much improved (no seizures today!), and barring unforeseen circumstances he'll be back in school tomorrow.  He doesn't usually have school on Wednesdays, but this one is a snow makeup day from that huge (for this area, anyway) snowstorm we had a couple of months ago.  Happily, his strep test came back negative so it was probably just a bug. 

I still feel lousy, but hopefully it won't last too much longer for me either.

I went out this evening after Jer got home and bought the first decorative item purchase for Ellen's room.  It's a cushion for her desk chair in a lovely briny blue color.  We're going to leave her room mostly undecorated so that she can make it her own when she gets here, but of course she'll need a few essentials and since we now know that her favorite color is blue I feel a little more comfortable buying those things. 

At the minimum she needs a bed with bedding, desk, chair, bookcase, lighting, clothing storage and a seating area before she gets here, and maybe one piece of art for her walls so the room isn't totally bare when she arrives.  So far we've just got the bed and a lamp, so we still have quite a bit to find!  I finally caved in and started a pintrest site so I could keep things I'm looking at for inspiration at hand, so if you want to see that you can check it out here.  We know she absolutely loves to swim, so a seaside/oceany sort of color combo feels safe to me. 

We can always change it if she doesn't like it when she gets here!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory