Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In Which Connor Sounds The Alarm

So since Connor has had no hearing aids for a while, he's slowly upped the volume on the sounds he makes.  It's gotten to the point where he now only has two settings: Off and DEFCON 1.  It certainly sounds like there's some sort of nuclear attack imminent when he's shrieking six inches away from my ear, anyway.  Unfortunately until he gets his new earmolds this is probably a behavior that's going to continue, too.  It's hard to tell a kid to be quiet when he doesn't have a good handle on just how loud he's being.

I took him to go visit a friend with a brand new, adorable baby today, and luckily the gorgeous new arrival is a sound sleeper because Connor was bound and determined to do his very best air raid siren impression.  He's a bit possessive of me and likes to be the center of attention, so he was really not happy with me when I had the impunity to actually hold the baby.  Gasp!  He informed me that daddy would certainly not have held the baby, and he pouted the whole way home.  I actually didn't mind too much because it was a refreshing change from the shrieking.

It will be interesting to see how he ends up reacting to his new sister when she comes home; I'm hoping that he won't be quite as jealous because I'll be giving her a different kind of attention.  It would be a little bit hard to cradle her in one arm-- she's a bit big for that!  He's still probably not going to be terribly thrilled with the whole not-being-the-only-child thing for a while, but heck, what kid doesn't go through that phase when they have a new sibling?

I guess we'll see!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory