Saturday, August 25, 2012

In Which Nothing Much Happens

This morning I headed off to the farmer's market.  A friend of mine who works there got married recently and we weren't able to attend the wedding, so I wanted to drop off her present.  Also I was out of blueberries, which is a dire emergency in this house. 

I discovered my favorite local bakery downtown is closing, which is pretty sad.  They've been open for business for over eighty years.  Apparently me really liking a business sounds its death knell; in the past year my favorite local coffee shop, bookstore, and fabric store have all closed too.  This isn't a fun trend.  I guess I'll drop by more often than usual this week and stuff my face full of yummy things while I can still get them.

I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and catching up on chores around the house.  All in all it was a pretty quiet day!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory