Sunday, August 19, 2012

In Which We Are Shipwrecked

We spent today out on the town! 

After sleeping in for a bit (Connor stayed up until two in the morning last night), we grabbed some lunch and then drove down to Olympia for some shopping and general tooling around.  Once we'd exhausted our shopping opportunities there, we headed towards home.  On the way, we popped into Shipwreck Beads, and by "popped in," I mean, "spent a couple of hours tooling up and down every single aisle of beads."  Shipwreck has a 22,000 square foot bead showroom, so that takes a while.

The bead store is completely overwhelming, and basically I end up grabbing a bunch beads that I have no idea how I'm going to use-- I just think they're pretty.  In a store with 30 some odd aisles worth of beads I have to be careful because I think a lot of things are pretty.  It's really easy to go overboard.

Mary and I bought many, many beads, and then we came home and spent the rest of the day pairing them with the 80 bajillion beads I already have (I used to live ten minutes from Shipwreck, so I accumulated a few beads) to make lots of jewelry. 

I now have six new pairs of earrings, a necklace and a bracelet to add to my wardrobe.  I think I'm going to experiment with making felt flowers to go on beaded necklaces in the future.  I might be able to come up with some fun pieces.

Yay for sister time!

~Jess

3 comments:

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

I think your crafts are so awesome! Have you ever thought of opening an Etsy store?

Jess said...

Possibly someday! I think I'll spend this school year making things, and then if I've got enough of an inventory by the end of the year I can think about setting something up to sell them.

mini baby cribs said...

That is awesome!

 
Blog Directory